My all time favorite and healthy amla chutney a.k.a "Usirikaya pacchadi". The best part is that it hardly takes 10 minutes from start to finish. If you don't believe me then please time it and edit the time here!
- Amla - 3 (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Green Chili (finely chopped)
- Cilantro - a few (finely chopped).
- Half tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste.
- Methi seeds (a few)
- half tsp Mustard seeds
- Dry red chili - 1 (broken into small pieces)
- Ghee = 1 tsp
- Wash the amlas and microwave high for 3 minutes or till they are boiled.
- Once boiled, de-seed the amlas and mash them in a bowl.
- Add turmeric powder, and salt to the mashed amlas and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a tempering pan and add the methi seeds after the ghee is hot.
- Once the methi seeds are aromatic, add the mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add dry red chilies to the mix.
- Add the tempering mix to the bowl containing mashed amla and mix well.
- Finally add cilantro and mix well.
- Serve it with hot rice and ghee.