A delicious baby corn and bell pepper preparation.
- One can of baby corn, or about 8 oz.
- Half of a large green bell pepper
- Half of a large red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 dry red chili (skip this if you don't have it)
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Half tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder- this is the dominant flavor for this recipe- so, don't be thrifty with your dhania powder ;)
- 1 tsp jeera
- 0.25 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt, and haldi
- coriander leaves for garnish
- Tomato paste (for a rich color)
- Slice each baby corn vertically into half and blanch them in salted boiling water. Let it stand for a 5-10 minutes.
- Drain out the water and dry the babycorn.
- Lightly fry the babycorn in 1tbsp of oil till they turn golden brown and crunchy in texture.
- Once done, let them sit on tissue to get rid of the extra oil.
- In the same pan, add one tbsp of oil and once hot, add cumin seeds and sizzle them.
- Add chili powder and dry red chili to the oil and then add onions to this and fry them.
- Once onions are translucent, add the ginger garlic paste and stir for 5 mins.
- Now add the bell pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the tomato.
- After the tomatoes are tender and leave water, add rest of the masalas (salt, haldi, coriander powder, garam masala) and mix.
- Add the baby corn and saute for 5 mins.
- Add half-cup water and cover and cook for 15mins.
- Garnish with dhania and enjoy :)
Tips N TricksEdit
Try to stop yourself from eating the fried babycorns (they are delicious) and save some for the dish..:D)